Saturday, June 09, 2007

In case you were wondering

First of all, thank you to everyone who asked about Paddy’s film.

Getting to Salzburg for the screening turned into a major organizational crisis, but we actually all got there in time for the start of the screening (since it started late). The 25 films we saw were very impressive, but watching them, seeing the other participants among the audience, we realized that Paddy really was the youngest entrant. Reading the credits, it also became apparent that most of the other young filmmakers in this final round are students at or recent graduates from art schools and film academies. So although Paddy’s film didn’t win a prize in the end, the fact that a self-taught 15-year-old is able to compete at that level is already an impressive achievement by itself.

Paddy has been trying to upload his film to YouTube, but he has been having trouble with that. He says he doesn’t know enough about rendering. I assume this is something one probably learns at film school. He is still working on that and also exploring possibilities for putting it up on his own website, which he has been redesigning again.

However, the film is not likely to be viewable online before July. Yesterday Paddy and I went shopping, today is laundry day, tomorrow will be devoted to packing. On Monday he leaves for Bangkok for three weeks. I’m afraid I’m really going to miss my little guy (even though he is distinctly taller than I am and cringes every time I open my mouth in public).

Then on Tuesday Peter leaves for Boston, so Christopher and I will be left alone at home and unsupervised for a whole week. We plan to enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home