Friday, August 22, 2008

Baby, you can drive my car


Christopher_driving.JPG
Originally uploaded by aderieg

Last Thursday when Peter, Christopher and I went to Wilhering to see yet another summer theater production involving a number of friends, Christopher drove.

It was the first time I had ever been in the car with Christopher driving. At first I had to consciously remind myself not to think about a car being a potentially lethal weapon, not to wonder how my young son might ever have learned to control this dangerous machine and how well he might have learned that. Once Christopher managed to maneuver the car out of the garage with all the walls and mirrors still intact, I forced myself to relax in the back seat, so that I was able to appreciate what was going on in the front seat.

Actually, I was very impressed with both Christopher and Peter. It was reassuring to see Christopher looking so responsible and alert, and Peter seemed very calm, attentive and quietly helpful with his remarks and praise – quite different from the way he drives himself. I am glad that Christopher is learning to drive with Peter, and it was very good to see them together like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home