Saturday, February 04, 2006

Living in a parallel universe

Christopher has been at a meeting of a leftist political youth organization all day and just came home feeling self-righteously indignant, because I had called his friends to get a number where I could reach him to tell him to come home, because he still has school work to do. He is going to study again tomorrow with a friend of Moni's, who is a math teacher on maternity leave.
Unfortunately, riding home on the street car left him far too much time to prepare arguing with me. He talked himself into believing that he has been studying diligently every afternoon this week. He swore that he was fine on Monday and on Tuesday and just felt a little unwell Wednesday evening.
In which world was that? Certainly not the one I live in!
Now I am glad I posted what was going on on Monday to this blog, which I insisted he should sit down and read with me.
It took quite a bit of insistance from me about Monday and Paddy's adamant account of Tuesday to make him even begin to feel slightly doubtful about his memories of what he has been doing all week.
I have long suspected that Christopher lives in a parallel universe that only bears a superficial resemblance to the one the rest of us inhabit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home